Our Presentation @BETT2016

Posted by on 26/01/2016

What an amazing day! 22 excited Digital Leaders with their parents and carers travelled to London for the day to take part in a presentation at the ExCel Centre.  Lots of people had to get up early to catch the train or start their car journey.  Everyone made sure they had some lunch before the show started at 12.45pm!  We were all a bit nervous but soon got over it as the audience were very nice and clapped and cheered us 🙂  Some Digital Leaders spoke on stage, others took photographs, some programmed Beebots and others used our new Spheros and Ollies. Our presentation didn’t seem to last long and soon it was the turn of the Digital Leaders from Myrtle Park Primary School, King Edward VI School and Lady Lumley’s School. Everyone did an amazing job and should be very proud of themselves. When everyone had finished their presentation, we took questions from the audience – some were a bit tricky to answer!

After the presentation the TTS stand spoke to us, saying what a great job we had done with the beebots and that they would like to visit us and bring us some new bluebots to test out – we can’t wait!  Lots of people have also contacted us about starting Digital Leaders and their own radio station, so we are looking forward to keeping in contact with them.

Some of the Digital Leaders stayed at BETT for the rest of the day looking around all the stands and playing with the toys and equipment whilst others nipped off in to London to have a look around and visit museums.

Everyone agreed that it was a totally brilliant day and one that they wouldn’t forget in a long time.  If you want to hear more about it, why not tune in to our Rec Road Radio station on Friday at 2.30pm or listen to our podcast.

7 Responses to Our Presentation @BETT2016

1. Amelie's mum

Amelie had an awesome time on the trip and we’ve all enjoyed reliving the experience watching the videos. The digital leader scheme has given Amelie lots of confidence.

2. Esme's dad

I wanted to say how brilliant I think the Digital leaders all did on their trip to London. It sounds like the trip and the presentation was went really well and was a great success, well done to everyone. Keep up the good work, I am already looking forward to the next radio broadcast!

3. Isobel

It was very exciting and I played Minecraft on the computer.

4. Rebecca

It looks like a super day- well done Digital Leaders. I know Barney had a wonderful time. Thank you Mrs Stone too for all your hard work.

5. Jo Neale

Well done, Digital Leaders and all the people who support your learning! I loved listening to your radio show and can’t wait to hear about the exciting things that you do next!

6. Claire Jones

Hello Digital Leaders… I took some of our Year 6 Digital Leaders to Bett and we saw your presentation. You should be extremely proud of how inspirational you are to other children and teachers, bearing in mind how young you are! Many adults I know couldn’t stand on that stage, in front of so many people, and talk so confidently like you all did.
    Keep up all the fantastic work you do!
    Mrs Jones
    Layton Primary School
    Blackpool

7. Mr Bunting

Digital Leaders, we are all very proud of you! I hear that you displayed many of our Learner Values on the day, particularly ‘Responsibility’. I know that many teachers from other schools were amazed by the leadership skills you display at such a young age.