Learning to Take Photos @RRIS

Posted by on 04/12/2016

This week we have been thinking about what makes a good photograph and we found out that taking a good one is a lot harder than just pointing the ipad and clicking the buttton!  We tried to make sure that our photos were in focus, that the subject matter was central (and that we didn’t cut off heads or feet), that we didn’t focus on the wrong thing – like the carpet, wall or ceiling!  We shared our photos with each other at the end of the session and thought about what went well and what didn’t!  We will use everything we have learnt to take some great photos for our iMovies which we will be making after Christmas.Taking Photos @RRIS Taking Photos @RRIS Taking Photos @RRIS

10 Responses to Learning to Take Photos @RRIS

1. Elizabeth

I love being a Digital Leader!

2. Helen - William's mum

Sounds like you are all having fun, looking forward to hearing and seeing all the creative learning taking place. I wonder if there is a future blockbuster film maker amongst you!

3. Tom (Tilly's dad)

Taking photos is such a good thing to learn about – I can’t wait to see the movies!

4. RRISBlog

How fantastic that Percy would like a camera – can’t wait to see any pictures you take and you can give us all another lesson Percy

5. Chloe (Percy's mum)

It was interesting hearing all about it, Percy really enjoyed learning some photography tips and has even asked for a camera for Christmas. How lucky to be so inspired. Movies sound amazing. Looking forward to seeing those.

6. Stephanie leedham

Brilliant! Looking forward to the iMovies!!

7. Nikk -Millie's mamma

Great photos, love the Beebots especially. Movies in the new year, how exciting!!! A fantastic project to show off all your digital skills you’re all learning and sharing

8. Elizabeth's mom

Looking forward to hearing more about the movie-making. Keep up the good work, Digital Leaders!

9. Jo (Billy's mum)

Hi all, excited to hear about the making of movies next term. What amazing digital leaders you all must be.

10. Lola

I loved taking photos it was so fun I never new taking photos was so hard