Making Music with Incredibox @RRIS

This week the Digital Leaders have been using the program Incredibox to make some groovy music!

“It is really easy you just drag the sound you want on top of the man and it starts playing.”

“All the sounds are really cool.”

“Some of the sounds fit together better than others.”

“Our class are really going to enjoy making some music and I can’t wait to show them how to do it!”

Incredi

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Investigating Robot Dancing @RRIS

Who doesn’t love a dancing robot?!  This week the digital leaders have been testing out some websites that allow you to programme a robot to dance, Move Mixer and Robo Boogie  What was really clever about Robo Boogie was that you were able to change the robots movements and then look at the code to see how the numbers had changed!  We thought that all the classes were going to enjoy this activity.

“I thought it was really easy and funny.”

“I thought it was cute and I liked Move Mixer, it was easy to do.”

“I looked Robo Boogie as when they danced their heads popped off.”

“It was easy to change the numbers and see how the robots changed their moves.”

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Creating a Comic Strip Story @RRIS

This week the digital leaders have been using the Zimmer Twins website to make their own animated comic strip stories.  In fact one of the Reception classes saw what we had done and had a go making one together which is amazing!

“I started off picking what I wanted the character to do and then I got a speech bubble and started to write!  You can choose between 3 different characters.  It is easy to make a story quickly.  I am going to make one at home.”

“I made a story about 13 the cat, he teleports and goes in a trolley!  It’s really random!”

“My story is about the cat it teleports in the park.  It is really easy to do.  I am looking forward to teaching my class how to do it.”

“The cat was sleeping and wakes up and the girl is there and he speaks to her.  It is easy to make a story.  I really liked it.”

“The characters go to a rock competition and they teleport to a forest and outer space.  It is easy to do.”

“The boy goes on stage and plays his guitar and the girl goes on too and plays her guitar and they sing too.”

Creating Animations @RRIS

Who doesn’t like making their own animation?  This week we have been learning to make our own animations with the help of the website ABCya – it is really easy to create a background and add your own drawings or ready prepared clipart.  You can move the things around the screen making them bigger and smaller.  We got the hang of it in no time and are looking forward to showing our classes and making up our own stories to share with the rest of the school.

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , | 2 Comments

Presentations using Textease Presenter @RRIS

We have seen the teachers use presentations and wanted to know how to make some for ourselves.  Textease Presenter is an easy children’s version of MS Powerpoint and it didn’t take us long to make a presentation about our favourite things.  We are looking forward to teaching our classes how to do them.

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , | Leave a comment

Making ‘Guess Who’ with Textease Branch @RRIS

This week we learnt how to use Textease Branch to make a ‘Guess Who’ style game.  You selected all your items (which all had something in common – like animals, or sports etc) then you input questions that had a yes or no answer and split the items into their correct group.  When you had finished all the questions you could play the game. We really enjoyed making the games and testing everyone’s out to see if they worked correctly. We also had two guest children with us as 2 digital leaders were away 🙂

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , | 1 Comment

Testing our E-safety Games @RRIS

This week all our e-safety board games are finished and so we have been testing them ready to play with the Year 1 children during our internet safety week. We thought about what we liked about them and then thought about ways in which the games could be improved. We can’t wait to play them with all the classes.Testing games @RRIS Testing games @RRIS Testing games @RRISTesting games @RRIS

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , | 2 Comments

E-safety Board Games Set 2 @RRIS

Here is our second set of games – why not download them and play them in your school on Safer Internet Day! Click on the links underneath the pictures – you should be able to print them out at A4 size.

Percy Elsie

Percy and Elsie

Mia Clara

Clara and Mia

Freddie Jacob

Freddie and Jacob

Elizabeth Bethany

Elizabeth and Bethany

Dylann Daisy

Dylann and Daisy

Billy Biba

Billy and Biba

Finished E-safety Board Games @RRIS

The Digital Leaders have worked so hard – here are our first set of finished games – why not download them and play them in your school on Safer Internet Day! Click on the links underneath the pictures – you should be able to print them out at A4 size.

E-safety Board Game @RRISAmelie and Bea E-safety Board Game @RRISWilliam and Elliott E-safety Board Game @RRISMia and Alice E-safety Board Game @RRISMarlie and Hanna E-safety Board Game @RRISLola and Tilly
E-safety Board Game @RRISLeo and Archie

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , | 5 Comments

Making E-safety Board Games @RRIS

This half term the Digital Leaders and year 2 are making board games for the year 1 children to play based around the theme of e-safety.  Firstly we designed the game on paper and are now transferring that to Textease – using snap to grid to make the game look super smart.  We will be adding a bit to the game board each week ready to play it in our Internet Safety week.

E-safety Board Games @RRIS E-safety Board Games @RRIS E-safety Board Games @RRIS E-safety Board Games @RRIS

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Making E-safety Board Games @RRIS