Quiver AR App @RRIS

This week the Digital Leaders have been using the augmented reality app Quiver to bring pictures to life!  There were lots of pictures to choose from and you could colour them however you liked.  All of the pictures did something different for you to interact with.  Everyone loved the games ones like the dinosaur and the rabbit!  We were all amazed how clever the technology was and how you seemed like you could pick up all the things that popped up.  Everyone took their colouring home in the hope they could download the app their too.  They are looking forward to telling everyone in their class about the app.

“It was amazing, it was like you could pick all the things up.”

“How did the picture come to life with the colours I did?”

“That is just so cool, everyone in our class is going to think this is awesome!”

Categories: Digital Leaders, iPads | Tags: , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Helping in Year 1 @RRIS

This week some of the Digital Leaders visited a Year 1 class to see how they were getting on with the Bee Bots!  They were most impressed how much the children knew and took the opportunity to pass on some tips 🙂

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Digital Leaders Visit The Apple Store @RRIS

This week the Digital Leaders were so excited to go out on a workshop visit to the Norwich Apple Store in Chapelfield shopping centre.  We walked quickly as the sky looked rather grey in parts and luckily got there without getting wet!

We were greeted by Neil at the door and shown to our workstations, where we slipped on our lovely new yellow tshirts.  We spent the morning learning how to use the iMovie app.  First we took lots of little videos – trying to keep each clip down to 10 seconds, thinking about close-ups, middle and long shots!  We then learnt how to add them to the app and clip each video down to 2 seconds.  We added titles, sound effects, music and special effects.  There was so much to learn but we all managed to create a video which was uploaded on to a usb wristband for everyone to keep.  Now we are all experts we can go back to school and teach everyone else how to do it!  Hopefully the other half of the Digital Leaders who didn’t  come this time will go soon.

Please have a look at some of the pictures from the morning.

Categories: Digital Leaders, iPads | Tags: , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Bee Bot Algorithms @RRIS

This week the Digital Leaders have been busy writing algorithms for the Bee Bots and Blue Bots.  Using special challenge cards they have had to take their Bee Bots on specific pathways over the mats or draw letters or shapes on the carpet.  Some of the challenges were really quite hard, especially when you had to avoid certain squares or couldn’t use some of the controls (like the forwards command!)

Categories: Digital Leaders | Leave a comment

Making Music with Incredibox @RRIS

This week the Digital Leaders have been using the program Incredibox to make some groovy music!

“It is really easy you just drag the sound you want on top of the man and it starts playing.”

“All the sounds are really cool.”

“Some of the sounds fit together better than others.”

“Our class are really going to enjoy making some music and I can’t wait to show them how to do it!”

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Making Music with Incredibox @RRIS

Investigating Robot Dancing @RRIS

Who doesn’t love a dancing robot?!  This week the digital leaders have been testing out some websites that allow you to programme a robot to dance, Move Mixer and Robo Boogie  What was really clever about Robo Boogie was that you were able to change the robots movements and then look at the code to see how the numbers had changed!  We thought that all the classes were going to enjoy this activity.

“I thought it was really easy and funny.”

“I thought it was cute and I liked Move Mixer, it was easy to do.”

“I looked Robo Boogie as when they danced their heads popped off.”

“It was easy to change the numbers and see how the robots changed their moves.”

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Investigating Robot Dancing @RRIS

Creating a Comic Strip Story @RRIS

This week the digital leaders have been using the Zimmer Twins website to make their own animated comic strip stories.  In fact one of the Reception classes saw what we had done and had a go making one together which is amazing!

“I started off picking what I wanted the character to do and then I got a speech bubble and started to write!  You can choose between 3 different characters.  It is easy to make a story quickly.  I am going to make one at home.”

“I made a story about 13 the cat, he teleports and goes in a trolley!  It’s really random!”

“My story is about the cat it teleports in the park.  It is really easy to do.  I am looking forward to teaching my class how to do it.”

“The cat was sleeping and wakes up and the girl is there and he speaks to her.  It is easy to make a story.  I really liked it.”

“The characters go to a rock competition and they teleport to a forest and outer space.  It is easy to do.”

“The boy goes on stage and plays his guitar and the girl goes on too and plays her guitar and they sing too.”

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Creating a Comic Strip Story @RRIS

Creating Animations @RRIS

Who doesn’t like making their own animation?  This week we have been learning to make our own animations with the help of the website ABCya – it is really easy to create a background and add your own drawings or ready prepared clipart.  You can move the things around the screen making them bigger and smaller.  We got the hang of it in no time and are looking forward to showing our classes and making up our own stories to share with the rest of the school.

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , , | 2 Comments

Presentations using Textease Presenter @RRIS

We have seen the teachers use presentations and wanted to know how to make some for ourselves.  Textease Presenter is an easy children’s version of MS Powerpoint and it didn’t take us long to make a presentation about our favourite things.  We are looking forward to teaching our classes how to do them.

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , | Comments Off on Presentations using Textease Presenter @RRIS

Making ‘Guess Who’ with Textease Branch @RRIS

This week we learnt how to use Textease Branch to make a ‘Guess Who’ style game.  You selected all your items (which all had something in common – like animals, or sports etc) then you input questions that had a yes or no answer and split the items into their correct group.  When you had finished all the questions you could play the game. We really enjoyed making the games and testing everyone’s out to see if they worked correctly. We also had two guest children with us as 2 digital leaders were away 🙂

Categories: Digital Leaders | Tags: , , , , | 1 Comment